Be Informed is Model driven, Adaptive and Semantic to the core.
A Be Informed ontology is a formal representation of knowledge as a set of concepts in a domain and of the relationships between those concepts.
- All business logic is created and maintained by business users and analysts, without IT intervention. The who-what-how-when-where-and-how-much is not locked in strategy documents, requirement studies or application code, but rather in a central model.
- Be Informed offers a single model for a complete business design − from an operating model to individual business rules − in a collaborative environment. This means that all documentation is always up-to-date and fully aligned.
- Actual process flows are not predefined but are derived from the model in real-time and executed in real time by the Be Informed business process platform. Model = Design = Application = Documentation.
Adaptive: dynamic activity plan
- Be Informed is goal-oriented. This means that a unique process is put together for each case or transaction, consisting only of the elements that are required to conclude the case or transaction in the fastest and most reliable way, with reported straight-through processing rates of up to 98 percent.
- Be Informed is event-driven. The moment the context or the information about a case changes, Be Informed immediately recalculates all possibilities to conclude the case in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Be Informed is analytical. It can simulate the effect of new rules offline, perform real-time case mining and optimize inline dynamic business rules, based on contexts such as workload, risk profile or compliance regulations.
Semantic to the core
Semantic to the core
- The Be Informed model is semantic by nature, and uses a so-called “ontology” based on semantic standards such as W3C and Common Logic). An ontology describes all objects and their relationships. Be Informed includes a rich grammar to describe all aspects of cases, decisions, registers and interactions.
- Thanks to a strict separation of concerns, Be Informed needs no code to describe all the business logic, even on the lowest level of detail and − conversely − needs no business rules to describe application logic.
- Be Informed’s semantic core enables Be Informed models to be far more compact and much easier to manage than traditional BPM/BRE approaches.
Organizations using the Be Informed business process platform enjoy significant quantitative and qualitative benefits.